(954) 364.6021

I am not sure if I have a Revocable Trust or an Irrevocable Trust, what’s the difference and what do they do?

Everyone in my family knows that I want the doctors to let me die in peace, why do I need a special document?

I need my son to help me with my bills and banking, if I give him Power of Attorney, do I lose all my rights?

My mom is starting to suffer from dementia, is there a way that I can help her with her banking and other financial issues?

Incapacity Planning

Incapacity Planning Law Firm in Ft. Lauderdale

We help clients and their families prepare for and progress through the hardships and turmoils of the third stage of life by providing incapacity planning. Because we know the emotional and physical difficulties of aging, our firm is dedicated to bringing this much needed service to all elderly individuals and their families. That is why we come to you. We meet you in the comfort of your own surroundings to discuss your personal situation and family needs.

Legal Documents Every Grown Up Should Have

Durable Power of Attorney

A power of attorney is a grant of authority to act for another person. A power of attorney is usually given to handle health care, financial and/or legal matters. The person giving the power is called the “principal” and the person receiving is the “agent” or “attorney-in-fact.” A power of attorney imposes a duty of ethical representation of the principal by the agent.

Living Will and Health Care Surrogate

These are two different forms, but they serve similar purposes. A living will expresses your preferences about treatments should you be terminal and unable to communicate with your family and doctors. Whether it is your wish to not be kept alive by extraordinary means or if you want your life prolonged by any means available, for as long as possible, no matter what your condition, you can make your decision clear. A health care surrogate gives someone else the power to make health care decisions for you if you become incapacitated, however not terminal. While these are difficult issues to think about and discuss, these documents help simplify any tough decisions your family and friends may have to make if something happens to you.

Designation of Pre-Need Guardian

A preened guardian becomes necessary if you are determined to be incapacitated and the court insists that you have a guardian. This could happen if you become mentally or physically disabled and are no longer able to manage your financial affairs, your property or your health. With this document, you choose who would be appointed as your guardian, as opposed to allowing a court to do it.

Living Will & Testament

This is your Will, which distributes your possessions after you are gone. If you should die without one, the court will decide who gets what. This document should also be written by a lawyer if you want to be sure your instructions will be implemented.

Revocable Living Trust

The Revocable Living Trust designates who will receive your assets after your death, or after the death of your spouse. The Revocable Living Trust can be used to minimize the necessity for Probate Administration and also to support your spouse and/or kids during your lifetime or after your death. The Revocable Living Trust is always revocable (or can be changed) during your lifetime and becomes irrevocable at your death to ensure that your wishes are followed.

1 East Broward Blvd.
Suite 1800
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33301

(954) 364.6021